Manages and facilitates the access, clinical synthesis, distribution and analysis of internal and comparative data in support of system strategic, operational and quality projects. Works in collaboration with facility executives, service line leaders and operational managers, translates the operational and clinical needs into analytic and reporting strategies. Develops and executes plans for improvement opportunities in enterprise-wide clinical performance and outcomes.
- Directs and executes multiple, concurrent projects independent of or with little supervision from leadership.
- Leads the evaluation of the request for service to understand business and technical open issues to be clarified with the client.
- Works in collaboration with the department s client to thoroughly understand the business needs, project scope, and anticipated deliverable associated with the request for service.
- Leads the on-going interface with the client to develop analytic approaches to the request.
- Understands and executes the development of specific population definitions to meet the needs of the project.
- Recommends to the client and department, processes to balance the data needs for the project against the urgency and requirements for action.
- Understands the context of the requested data and reports with other initiatives to develop sustainable solutions
- Uses statistical techniques to describe and evaluate data and uses process analysis tools for the display, interpretation and presentation of data for management and organization action.
- Provides value-added analysis and recommended follow up actions in support of the business needs.
- Supports the process to integrate data from multiple sources to a single dataset for analysis.
- Leads the review and validation of complex, custom datasets specific to the project.
- Recommends and prepares to the client, a method of delivering results from the project to meet current and on-going needs and facilitates data discussion and interpretation.
- Develops simple to complex reports utilizing various Business Intelligence tools.
- Educates clients in clinical and financial operational concepts and their relationship to data.
- Consults with clients to create methods to quantify key elements of their operational performance within the limitations of available data sources.
- Guides clients through known and potential data issues, taking into consideration all data collection inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the source system.
Works in an office environment, sits at a desk, works with a computer, talks on the telephone, and prepares reports and other statistical data. Some time spent in meetings at a variety of CHS facilities, makes presentations and offers advice to System executives. On occasion, requires standing, walking and traveling in personal car to other facilities. Occasionally requires carrying of up to 25 pounds of materials. Requires the ability to work rapidly and accurately under pressure, to work in a safe and effective manner, and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors degree in health related fields or Registered Nurse and 2 years experience in health related field required. Experience with healthcare data in a healthcare organization strongly preferred. Understands the elements of registries and databases relevant to assigned projects and identifies data integrity issues using complex analysis of the data. Communicates effectively in verbal, written, and electronic formats. Proficiency using computer software tools and Windows operating system. Strong organizational and time management abilities. Strong ability to apply the principles and practices of data management.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer