Sr. Cloud Services Operations Engineer Network Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we ve grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What Youll Do
The Cloud Services Team is constantly raising the bar for great customer support and service. This role will also give you the opportunity to get hands on across the full spectrum of technology spanning LAN, WAN, voice, security, wireless, application delivery, storage while working in small, medium, and enterprise customer environments.
We are partnering with our clients and becoming a part of their IT infrastructure team. Your day to day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing relationships with the clients and familiarizing yourself with their systems in order to become a trusted advisor to aid them in their technology road mapping.
- Analyzing and managing recommended changes to increase LAN/WAN reliability, scalability and security.
- Conducting research, working with manufacturers and vendors, and defining system/user requirementswith the clients for their technology needs.
- Implementing, changing, and maintaining network and network security appliances in secure computing environments.
- Analyzing root-cause for issues using tools such as packet captures and Wireshark.
- Mentoring junior members of the team in technology and process adherence.
- Creating KB articles and reviewing and approving changes for your team.
Who You Are
- You enjoy a problem-solving challenge. You use this passion to better delivery client management resolution with your excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- You have excellent communications skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You like things done right and value that consistency! This translates to strong Standard Operating Procedures for the deployment of new infrastructure services, systems and technologies.
- Your work style is flexible. Some tasks are great to tackle with a team, and other stuff you can handle on your own!
- You dont mind responsibility, youre accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
The Tech Stuff
- Campus level design and utilizing various topologies such as ACI, Nexus, DMVPN, etc.
- Routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF, as well as redistribution of these protocols.
- Working knowledge of major security appliances such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, etc.
- Ability to deploy/troubleshoot application-based and user-based rules, and VPN services
- Cybersecurity knowledge/experience
- Install and troubleshoot all facets of a security infrastructure (firewalls, site-to-site and remote access VPN, IDS/IPS, etc.) and routing and switching designs, AWS or AZURE experience a Plus
- Scripting and Automation knowledge a Plus
- Design experience a Plus
- CCNP/CCIE or equivalent experience strongly preferred
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood what we love, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.