Individuals are the lead engineers on a project team. Analyze business requirements and existing operating systems. Design and configure newsystems to meet user requirements for a function or unit, often using new technologies. Ensures appropriate interface capabilities with networks and operating systems. Recommends the appropriate computer platform, work stations and communication linkage required to support mainframe, distributed and client server business processes and information flow. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Works under minimal supervision. Typically 7-10 years of systems experience.
We are a culture that:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Description:
Bank of America / Merrill Lynch is seeking a Senior Grid / HPC Container Engineer with a wide breath of software / infrastructure engineering, development knowledge and experience. The engineer will be part of team and responsible for introduction, design, implementation of Grid / HPC with focus on Cloud, Data Science (ML/AI) and Container technologies, Agile / Lean development processes, Continuous Integration / Delivery, automation and Infrastructure design patterns. Additionally his key role will be to be lead architect and developer for Skynet suite (Grid operations and systems management suite) to get knowledge transfer of Enterprise Grids core operational suite which supports inventory, monitoring, patching, and operations suite part of Skynet suite which managed all grid servers at the bank from an employee who is going on internal mobility.
- Provide leadership in architect and development of Skynet Core suite (Grid provisioning, monitoring, inventory management, support tool , billing, systems management suite, etc )
- Provide leadership in the design, implementation and adoption of Grid / HPC container technologies and best practices for automation, deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ensuring the reliability and robustness of the platform as it scales in scope and usage
- Work with project / initiative teams to insure proper design and infrastructure patterns for high availability, failover, infrastructure / code certification, and customized monitoring
- Develop and build automation tools and processes to support development and production environments.
- Work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed team to provide solutions to grid platform related issues.
- Experience as an applied engineer, developer and/or architect of Grid / HPC based applications and current technologies / architectures including IaaS, PaaS, Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift.
- Experience in engineering and deployment of large-scale Grid / HPC infrastructure / applications using containers
- Experience with configuration of HPC job management and scheduling software such as Spectrum, SLURM, or similar technology
- GPU computation and CUDA Experience configuring and running Cluster Management Software
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, BitBucket, Ansible, Artifactory, Sonar Qube in a cloud environment.
- Development skills/tools: Java EE, Eclipse, Unix Shell Scripting, ANT, Jython/Python, .Net, Powershell, Django Frame Work
- Experience with SDLC development processes (Waterfall, Agile, Lean) and tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Rally, Git)
- Experience designing and building HPC application environments on Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, including services for big data analytics, scale out HPC applications, GPU-centric ML and deep learning
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of network technologies (e.g., TCP/IP networking, SSL, Firewall, Proxy, Load Balancing)
- Middleware engineering skills with focus on Apache, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss and IIS a plus
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: