Sr. Data & Reporting Analyst
AltaMed – Monterey Park, CA
The Senior Data & Reporting Analyst must possess a focus on quality with attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines. He or she should also have good communication skills and be willing to share his/her knowledge and experience with a team. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in developing highly compelling visualizations and detailed elements for dashboards, KPIs, reports and other deliverables in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Crystal Reports and must be willing to set the trend in the reporting industry and not follow the status quo. This position provides data related technical support for business analyses by mining, extracting and utilizing appropriate data from the data warehouse and various internal source systems through repositories and data marts/cubes on a regular and ad-hoc basis that assist in identifying, but not limited to, clinical outcomes, quality of care issues, tracking specified conditions that assist in the clinical management of patients, supporting quality improvement projects and initiatives, identifying and measuring outcomes of programmatic interventions inclusive of financial analyses.
- Enable the report analyst team to promote and make data-driven decisions, backed by investigation and collaboration through data.
- Mentor team members and provide technical expertise.
- Work independently on all assigned projects and tasks.
- Communicate opportunities to optimize results through use of data analytics and business intelligence.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of the data warehouse discipline, including data lakes, data mapping, data mining, data dependencies, structured and unstructured data, SQL, and ETL.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to understand business needs, analyze complex data, and clearly communicate recommendations. Develop requirements for data-related projects and work with the data team to see projects from start to finish.
- Discusses business reporting requirements with stakeholders. Conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to fully understand the requirements and document business needs and convert them to technical specifications.
- Design metrics, reports and dashboards that help management better understand the data, monitor business health, and access data insights.
- Conducts data validations and analysis to assess the completeness and accuracy of data.
- Works with management to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team.
- Present complicated analytical information in a concise and compelling manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track issues with reports, including defects in object logic, schema logic, data quality problems and process errors. Understand complete reporting lifecycle to diagnose problems.
- Manage the full lifecycle of assigned projects, including research, data mining, data analytics, design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Mentor users in their understanding of data specific to their business unit needs.
- Determines measures, baselines, tolerances and normal variability for indicators. Able to articulate these concepts and parameters for data presented.
- Formats data extracted from data warehouse into user friendly presentations complete with definitions and explanations of collection methods.
- Provide accurate work estimates.
- Ensure optimal performance and follow best practices.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in health, human sciences, statistical sciences, or computer science or equivalent number of years of experience.
- A minimum of 4 years experience with database and data analysis technology, as well as project management tools is necessary.
- 8 years hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server and 3 years experience with use of data warehousing tools such as Cognos, Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access required. Design experience highly desirable.
- Experience with all facets of the SQL Server Services group: Database Services, Reporting services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS) and Analysis Services (SSAS) Version 2008 R2 or higher.
- EZ Cap experience and Share and Connect Systems highly desired.