Current Employees/Contractors of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we ve helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today were the worlds largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and were leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClub s Sr Director of IT will be an experienced technologist skilled at leading teams and services across geographies to ensure a cohesive and efficient experience for end users. Provide leadership and strategy to helpdesk, 3rd party offshore services for NOC and tier 1support, desktop engineering, and collaboration tools. Ability to influence strategy, coupled with a commitment to teamwork key to success as this individual will influence and lead IT change across the company.
What You ll Do
Provide leadership of corporate technologies and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Client engineering to include Windows 10, Mac Engineering, JAMF Casper and Microsoft SCCM
- Desktop support, IT Provisioning and IT Asset Management
- 3rd Party SLA and oversight of tier 1 helpdesk support and NOC
- Evaluate deployment models including cloud and on-premise taking into consideration security, audit and compliance requirements
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry leading practices and technologies
- Change leadership - proactively scan and evaluate relevant emerging technologies focused on driving standardization and reduction of complexity within the enterprise
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop process and service improvements leading to cost and operational efficiencies
- Operate within Agile environment with Metrics mindset and Data to support recommendations
- Bachelors degree in business, information systems, computer science or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 10+ years work experience in Information Technology with minimum of 5 years specialize emphasis on corporate systems and package solutions
- Broad and extensive technical knowledge of application deliver methods and familiarly with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions
- Collaboration, Content and Social tools experience required
- Outstanding communication skills including demonstrated ability to effectively engage, influence and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to all levels in the organization
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.