The Electrical Susbsystems Directorate (ESD) Product Technology Center (PTC) is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer II with strong PCB layout skills to join our team as an ECAD designer.
The mission of the PTC is to develop best in industry technologies that align product capabilities to the needs of our customer. We will empower our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions. We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate and team with our engineers to generate and utilize todays cutting-edge technology.
Responsible for printed circuit board (PCB) designs from conception to manufacturing including library part creation, schematic capture, component placement, routing, gerber / ODB++ file creation and all documentation using the Mentor Graphics toolset. Designs include PCBs as well as flex assemblies and rigid-flex assemblies. Responsible for interfacing with electrical, mechanical and producibility engineering disciplines to ensure that the overall design requirements are captured and accomplished. Job responsibilities will include providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. An understanding and wide application of technical theories and concepts in the field of PCB design and manufacturing is required.
U.S. Citizenship Required
- High level technical PCB design skills using the Mentor Graphics design toolset.
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience of the following is a must: Xpedition environment with working knowledge of Xpedition VX1.1. Advanced level skills to include placement, routing, use of the auto-router, constraint manager, xDM and xDM Library Client. Use of BluePrint to create complex PCB drawings and limited dimensioned flex and rigid flex drawings.
- Must have experience designing complex flex (Type I, II, & III) and rigid flex (Type IV) designs with PTH and SMT. Skills to include signal integrity export and analysis.
- Export manufacturing data of both Gerber and ODB++ and use of Valor Design Rule Checking software.
- Must be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems through use of ingenuity and creativity with minimal supervision. Ability to route with and without autorouter in order to minimize layer count and increase producibility.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work autonomously while establishing schedule and priority needs.
- Candidate will be expected to begin design tasks on day one.
- Working knowledge of military and commercial design standards, GD&T techniques and overall producibility considerations related to electronic packaging design is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with co-workers and customers in a team environment.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Active Secret DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required) or the ability to obtain and retain one
- Previous leadership or mentoring roles.
- Da lms experience, Board Station with use of Librarian, Layout and Fablink is highly desired.
- Mechanical design skills sufficient to be able to understand and interpret complex mechanical drawings as they relate to PCBs.
- Skills in Mentor s Library Management System
- Willingness to work extended hours (nights and/or weekends) as required to complete assigned tasking.
- Familiarity with IPC 6013 is a plus
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent experience
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus psmo-i interim.html
Raytheon Company Overview 142587BR 142587
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.