Senior Engineer, Software
The Senior Engineer, Software will work on data driven innovative projects and deliver highly scalable data solutions. The candidate must possess a broad technical background and the ability to dive deep into complex business processes and work with rest of the team in driving technology vision, roadmap and implementation. The candidate must be able to write compelling explanations of current-state system gaps/deficiencies and generate ideas on solutions to influence change for faster business value realization.
- Work with architects, product owners, data scientists and big data development and test engineers to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
- Partner with the peers to improve data strategy, quality and governance
- Guide, mentor and influence architectural direction and principles adoption
- Deep understanding and hands-on expertise in designing and developing highly scalable, reliable data solutions running on distributed data platforms (Hadoop, MPP databases, cloud) for both streaming and batch analytics
- Mentor and develop junior team members in emerging technology areas
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Evangelize break through analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, Machine learning and AI
- Hands-on expertise with at least one object oriented/functional language (Java, Python, Scala)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in the face of ambiguity, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Ability to communicate across technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Software Engineer/Architect or related occupation
- Must have at least 2 years of prior hands-on programming experience in Java/Scala and /or Python.
- Working with massively large data sets, including processing, transforming and transporting large scale data using big data stack: Spark, Hive, Storm, Kafka and NoSQL technologies like HBase, Cassandra at an enterprise level for both streaming and batch analytics
- Understanding and experience working with cloud infrastructure services like Azure, Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud. Azure preferred
- Experience working with container platforms such as DC/OS, Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of analytic methods such as clustering, association rules and decision trees
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers needs.
- Ability to combine strong analytical and technical skills with business skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Contribute SME skills to enterprise governance and develop emerging technology solutions for enterprise adoption.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As America s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS ) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.