Sr. Financial Analyst
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores – Hudson, OH
The Sr. Financial Analyst primary responsibilities include systemic development and preparation of company and store financial performance reporting with a main focus on custom businesses analytics, accounting responsibilities and detailed expense forecasting and variance analysis..
- Support store operations business strategy. Lead contact in preparation and development of reporting and financial analysis. Ensure timely and accurate reporting and analysis. Collaborate with multiple functional areas and develop material and effectively communicate with all levels of management. Perform close support and balance sheet reconciliation. Primary contact on all planning and forecasting. Provide recommendations, risks, and opportunities to Sr. leadership for trend adjustments and forecasts. Review and prepare accruals and expense re-classes.
- Detailed financial forecasting for expense line items: Partner with other functional areas, document all processes, expense/income drivers and dependencies, analyze for opportunities and prepare forecast, in partnership with functional area each month prior to financial close or as needed.
- Support annual store expense planning and accounting, including store payroll planning and analysis. Review and prepare analysis of productivity, rates, selling and non-selling payroll dollars as a percent of sales by store/district/region/company. Review payroll model methodology and incorporate changes in business practices.
- Data Management Software Development & Reporting: Serve as a financial data subject matter expert in supporting the Data Management & Reporting initiative. Work with other functional areas to understand reporting needs and provide direction to internal IT partners on data needs to support development of Enterprise and ad-hoc reporting and analysis of company financial information. Serve as a primary resource for the development of systemic reports leveraging SAP and DMR.
- Ad-hoc: Includes various support for all functions within Store Finance including, but not limited to, Strategic Planning, Operational Planning and forecasting, Store Reporting, Presentation Support and other financial analysis as needed.
- Minimum 4 Year Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred: Masters in Business Administration, Accountancy or Finance.
- Required: 4-6 years in Accounting, or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Priority candidate has past experience some financial business modeling and company forecasting.
Skills or Certifications
- Excel, Access, Power Point, Hyperion, SAP, DMR and overall technological aptitude.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and follow through is an absolute must.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills-ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.