This position is responsible for ensuring that our vessels are operated energy efficiently and the technical systems are operating with optimal efficiently. Energy efficient vessel operations is achieved by continuous follow up and tracking of vessel efficiency, training of crew and giving guidance on efficient operations during vessel performance reviews.
This position is also responsible for providing key analytical support on numerous special projects including business cases for the companys long term capital energy projects, verifying system performance after upgrades have been completed and identifying fuel savings opportunities for RCCL fleet. This position will work directly with Manager, Energy Management to optimize the fleet performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collect and compile vessel performance data
2. Tracking vessel fuel efficiency with voyage execution, and the efficiency of technical systems and hotel consumption
3. Using energy management systems to identify ships and systems with potential for improving operational efficiency
4. Following up with the vessels to ensure improvement in performance
5. Providing training for shipboard management on energy efficient ship operations
6. Arranging monthly vessel performance reviews with Fleet Operations
7. Providing feedback for developing energy management systems, and developing monthly vessel performance reports for the fleet
8. Conducting fuel savings and life cycle costs calculations for upgrading ships technical systems to be more energy efficient
9. Verifying and tracking fuel savings from implemented technical upgrades
****93. Work along with the ships, shoreside technical team and partners to continuously look for opportunities for improving fleets energy efficiency
****93. Assist to develop & automate the fuel consumption forecast models for fuel budgeting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management. Excellent administrative and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Strong PC skills including advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Previous experience with programming and data mining is a plus.
Advanced analytical skills required. Need to possess good mathematical skills, and knowledge of basic physics is required to understand statistical models.
Need to possess basic long term financial modeling and project management skills
Understanding of cruise line operations is preferred either in the area of technical operations, or global deployment optimization.
Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Naval Architecture, Marine-, Mechanical- or Electrical Engineering or other highly analytical field from an accredited college or university is required. Post graduate degree a plus.
2 - 7 years of experience within marine industry is preferred, but qualified applicants from Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Universities may be considered.
Works in office environment, but will be in shipboard environment when traveling to RCL vessels.
Travel up to ****93% with some overseas and shipboard travel likely.
Mi Casa Medical Center - Miami, FL
Cozymeal - Miami, FL
GROVE LEGAL - Miami, FL
299 Web Marketing - Coral Gables, FL
Oceanus Insurance - Miami, FL