Sr. FPGA Engineer
Amazon.com Services, Inc. – Bellevue, WA
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in FPGA architecture, design & implementation
- Experience with high-end FPGAs
- Experience with modern ASIC / FPGA design and verification tools
- Hands on experience with uArchitecture, RTL coding, FPGA optimization for timing & power, simulation, and validation
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Create FPGA solutions to support Amazon Project Kuipers satellite communication system. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking new system with few legacy constraints. The FPGA team works with customer requirements and systems teams to define/develop/implement/test/release FPGA based solutions to enable Project Kuiper. This will include creating digital designs for modem, custom DSP, and networking functions using the latest generations of FPGA technologies and modern FPGA design processes and tools.
In this role you will:
- Create and release FPGAs through the development phases of uArchitecture-RTL Design-Physical Implementation-Timing ClosureSimulation Validation Lab Based Silicon Validation
- Collaborate with network communication system architects to define and design/implement/test/release/support networking functions targeted to FPGA technology
- Collaborate with Digital Communications/RF/Signal Processing system architects and design engineers to implement digital logic functions in FPGA technology
- Collaborate with system architects and design engineers to implement digital logic functions in FPGA prototypes to validate/tradeoff architecture & design alternatives
- Collaborate with systems architects, HW engineering design teams & FW/SW design teams to bring up and test systems combining FPGA, firmware, RF, and Networking functions
- Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of target technology resources for cost/size/power/performance/features
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Record of success in the design, test, delivery, support of multiple FPGAs shipping to customers
- Proven success in providing technical leadership to small-medium sized FPGA design and release teams
- Experience with Computer Networking Systems from Layer1 => Layer4
- Experience with TCP/IP Systems
- Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2 / DVB-C, or similar broadband wireless standards
- Experience with communication theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
- Proven track record of successfully fielding and supporting FPGA and ASIC products
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age