Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clients goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of own your tomorrow every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The SOC Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance, and evolution of a world-class Security Operations Center (SOC) to include functions of 24x7 security monitoring, incident response and remediation, and developing/maintaining incident response plans. The SOC Manager will have detailed knowledge and experience in the SIEM tuning, incident response, event analysis, and security staffing and personnel development.
What youll do:
- Serve as the primary escalation point for the Security Analyst I/IIs.
- Triage and respond to information security incidents reported via SIEM, ticketing system, email, etc
- Maintain a superior level of customer satisfaction with internal and external customers
- Coordinate and organize shift productivity and quality goals while meeting deadlines
- Work with management to define/update standard operating procedures and response plans.
- Train, mentor, and oversight of the Security Analyst I/IIs through skill proficiency assessments, brown bag presentations, etc...
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining metrics around SOC performance
- Manage or contribute to projects that directly correspond to the maturity and/or capabilities of the Security Operations team.
What you have:
- 6+ years of managing or administering cyber security best practices and industry standards to an enterprise scale network
- 3+ years experience managing people in a 24x7 operations environment
- Ability to cover a 24x7 environment with on call rotation needed
- 2+ years experience with SIEM platforms and cyber security tools
- Experience with endpoints security tools such as McAfee, CarbonBlack or other Host Intrusion Prevention Software (HIPS).
- Advanced knowledge of Incident Response methodologies and information security best practices/technologies.
- Advanced knowledge regarding the administration, use, securing and exploitation of common operating systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems or similar discipline strongly preferred
- Industry recognized management level security certifications: CISSP (preferred), CISM (optional)
- 2+ years ensuring information assurance via an industry adopted framework such as NIST RMF
- Experience driving vendors and co-sourcing partners to successfully resolve problems.
- Willingness to serve as a member of an Incident Response Team (IRT) which may require responding to emergency calls during non-business hours.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
- Talent Magnet: Seeks out and attracts strong internal and external talent
- Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
- Challenger: Takes risks when the opportunity warrants it and the potential downside is understood; is no disheartened by failure but uses it as an opportunity to learn
- Emotionally Mature: Demonstrates strong self-awareness and ability to adjust to the emotion & drive of others; embraces others perspectives and recognizes limits of own point of view
What youll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about [email protected]
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email [email protected] or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
Position Located In: TX - Dallas, TX - Ft Worth, TX - Westlake
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 8, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, July 1, 2019