The Direct to Consumer Sr. Producer is responsible for creating, programming and publishing content for Discoverys direct to consumer Factual experience. The Sr. Producer will be responsible for supporting a specific product and also creating/curating long-form packages meant to drive engagement and awareness.
The Sr. Producer will have a creative programming eye coupled with a relentlessly data-driven approach. He or she will represent the team at meetings and work closely with network programming, marketing, social teams to ensure that our product extends the brand, communicates a coherent message in sync with network campaigns while providing an experience that delights users and drives revenue. 1. Conceptualizes network and series-specific programming/content strategies based on revenue and ratings goals
2. Oversees development of network-specific, or show-specific stunts and events
3. Coordinates with On-Air and social group on the development and implementation of promotional strategies and commitments across apps and sites
4. Assist with team in efforts around cross-network presentations, initiatives
5. Assists VP and Exec Producers with long-term network/show planning to determine schedule direction and needs
6. Evangelize/Socialize mission and goals to various internal teams including Programming, Marketing, Digital, TV Production, Press, Ad Sales, and Research
7. Delivers internal and external programming presentations
8. Publish long-form and short-form videos using web-based CMS in a deadline driven environment
9. Program key promotional areas on apps and sites; work with social and network marketing teams for effective promotion of content
10. Works in conjunction with matrixed divisional resources (design, product, digital distribution, DML post, and social media) to publish and promote content
11. Explores new methods of converging online and TV long-form content and promotional efforts to create seamless experiences for fans.
12. Stays current with latest TVE and OTT products and programming strategies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations - ensuring that our offerings are living or heading where the audience will eventually be
13. Evaluates content performance on a daily basis, recommending changes when appropriate.
14. Coordinates and works closely with ad sales and marketing teams to maximize revenue opportunities and develop new, unique sponsorship packages.
15. Creates sponsorship opportunities for Ad Sales clients. If sponsored, work with the client and Ad Sales to create high-quality web content that supports the clients goals.
16. Ensures that all content published to the product has been cleared legally and meets the standards of the brand
17. Maintain knowledge of program library to thoroughly exploiting the existing library through stunts and packages.
- Bachelors degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
- 8+ years experience in online/interactive media or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
- Video programming/production/development experience a plus
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY