Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and Americas #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Software at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
This individual contributor will be part of the product marketing team at VIZIO, focused on bringing the best user experience and CE products to market. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of product positioning, consumer segmentation, product messaging, consumer behavior, OTT space, connected platform and partner marketing programs, especially in the context of consumer electronics or technology categories.
- Responsible for positioning, branding, messaging and all out bounding marketing for VIZIO app/services/connected platform
- Develop product positioning, branding, messaging and consumer segmentation for new product/service through analysis and understanding of competitive landscape, consumer demand and technology roadmaps
- Responsible for putting together a comprehensive Go-To-Market strategy for strategic launch
- Work closely with various cross-functional teams (internally, eternally) to execute on the launch plan
- Develop, maintain and communicate consistent messaging guides, positioning statements, presentations and identity guidelines for the connected platform and its services
- Oversee and manage external marketing agencies based on the project
- Collaborate with strategic technology and/or app partners on co-marketing programs and promotions
- Closely manage merchandising of content (off platform) and promotional offers to consumers
- Support logo and trademark development for new technologies and product sub-brands, in collaboration with product, legal, sales and marketing teams
- Ensure timely and accurate product updates are tracked and communicated internally, both pre- and post-launch
- Support all aspects of the launch, including press events and other corporate events
- Recap/report on various marketing activities and measure ROI
- Support the overall marketing organization and assist with other special projects as needed
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills. Collaborative team spirit.
- Excellent project management and time management skills: able to juggle multiple projects and timelines in collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or graphic design skills a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in marketing software/service, product marketing, OTT (streaming) app category and connected/smart TV platform marketing experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Excellent understanding of product positioning, consumer behavior and user experience principles, especially in the OTT (streaming) space
- Experience managing strategic partnerships and co-marketing programs
- Demonstrated success in managing product launch workflow and deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.