Job Id : 4949
Jobtitle : Sr. UI Developer
Location : Chicago, IL
Company Name : COMTEK International
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $69,000 - $86,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-10-01
Required Skills : HTML5, CSS3, SASS, OAuth2, JQuery
Benefits : No benefits are available
We are looking for Senior UI Developers that are eager to use cutting edge application development tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user experience. This incumbent will work with an innovative, cross-platform, customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment.
- Design and develop scalable UI applications in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
- Provide technical leadership in UI technology standards.
- Provides guidance to project teams regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
- Collaborate and pair with other development team members to design and develop new, scalable, secure, and reliable features and exciting experiences utilizing modern application development design patterns.
- Review the quality of designs and implementation of solutions implemented by the frontend developers/leads
- Mentor junior team members
- Collaborate with product owners and system integration engineers to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Write unit test cases including destructive testing to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform unit tests and peer code reviews
- Optimizes design for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Provides Tier III application support for application running in production
- Bachelor s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience and at least 1 years of leading Projects
Top candidates will have:
- Proven experience in many of the following
- Modern web frameworks such as Angular 2+ /React/Polymer
- Understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+ and Web components
- Application architecture patterns such as MVC, MVM and MVVM
- Test Driven UI Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development(BDD) using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Supertest, Selenium, Cucumber etc
- Responsive Web Design and development
- Hands on experience of tools like Webpack, Gulp etc
- CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS
- Cloud-based development in AWS or Azure
- In depth hands-on experience in NodeJS
- Strong understanding of web performance and tools for performance optimization
- Strong understanding of state management libraries like Redux, NRGX
- Exposure to modern web application framework such as RUBY on Rails, Spring MVC
- Experience in Less, CORS, OAuth2, jQuery UI, RequireJS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
- Integrating with and /or defining, developing and maintaining web service API s (RESTful, JSON-RPC) at scale
- Working with Node based development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities