Bernhard LLC – Baton Rouge, LA
Bernhard is one of the largest privately-owned engineering, mechanical, and electrical contractors in America, now transforming to deliver energy solutions for the future. Bernhard employs 2,000 team members in 25 locations across the United States, with over 100 years of experience servicing commercial and specialty markets.
Bernhard is seeking an experience Senior Accountant to join the corporate financial team in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Coordinate the review, documentation and recording of journal entries for energy projects
- Complete account reconciliations and resolve any identified discrepancies
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly financial statements and reporting packages to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Assist in the development and preparation of presentations to communicate key financial information including historical and forecasted performance, documenting deviations from budget
- Explore and present opportunities to improve and streamline reporting processes
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and reports for board of directors, auditors, energy projects, and special assignments
- Prepare quarterly and other compliance certificates for bank reporting
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner
- Assist Corporate Controller and team with a variety of tasks and special projects as requested
- Assist in the coordination of the annual audit
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area required; Master Degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- CPA designation is required
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, or financial analysis
- Experience working in a public accounting firm, or large publicly traded company is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with modeling expertise in Excel and strong PowerPoint presentation experience
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative team player
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Ability to work independently and rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals
- CMA, and/or construction/engineering industry experience is preferred
- Reports directly to the Corporate Controller
Bernhard is an EOE M / F / Vet/ Disabled Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Applicants for Bernhard positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.