Sr. DB2 Z DBA
Transamerica – Harrison, NY
Job Description Summary
Sr. DB2 Z DBA Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and were proud of the trust weve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. Were also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years. At Transamerica, we are innovating the next generation of data solutions and capabilities to help our customers achieve a lifetime of financial security. As a Senior DB2 Z DBA within our Enterprise Data Services team, this role will be focused on collaborating with a team of senior database administrators in the development of modern architectures to enable our data-driven digital business. You will help define our data strategies, grow our capabilities.
- Creates schemas and sub-schemas in consultation with application project team.
- Submits recommendations for solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup/recovery specifications.
- Proposes detailed specifications and flowcharts and coordinates installation of revised or new database systems.
- Sets up and performs backup, recovery, and Stats Updates procedures.
- Works with relevant staff, to identify and transform business requirements into physical data models.
- Performs monitoring and tuning for performance, and recommends Application database enhancements.
- Develops transaction logging and security features.
- Understands and uses normalization methods and design methodologies.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the database system.
- Works with system engineers or application developer to evaluate and implement technical enhancements.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Five years of collective experience as a Senior DB2 Z DBA with Version 9,10.11, & 12
- Experience with Online utilities, indexing strategies, index management and statistics for 500 million+ row tables.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus.
- The ability to work within a team environment.
- Problem-solving and communication skills.
- Working knowledge BMC Monitoring Tools
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure (Azure SQL and DW) platforms,
- Knowledge of IDAA