SRI International s Integrated Systems and Solutions (InSyS) Division designs and develops leading-edge R&D technology that supports demanding market needs. SRI maintains a state-of-the-art portfolio that includes real-time video processors, integrated video and sensor exploitation solutions, and instrumented training systems for government and commercial sectors.
The SRI Center for Advanced Imaging is seeking an innovative, highly motivated individual to join us in the development of state of the art hardware for these systems. The new team member will work with Device Physicists, ASIC/Imager Designers, Mixed-Signal Hardware Engineers, FPGA Firmware Designers, and Test Engineers to develop new state of the art products in the areas of situational awareness and video analytics as well as advanced imaging sensors and cameras.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Programming embedded hard- and soft-core microprocessors in camera systems and electronics using bare metal C/C++
- Independently verify correct operation of hardware, interfaces, and peripherals with laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.) before handing code off to team members
- Define and maintain processor interfaces, including processor-to-processor, user interfaces, and processor-to-calibration/test software interfaces
- Architect and implement embedded designs including processor selection, functional division between processor and other resources (FPGA, memory, etc.), platform selection, hardware acceleration
- Contribute to HW Design including Schematic Capture of detailed design solutions that involve FPGA, DSP, Memory and other embedded HW systems
- Develop and document HW interconnect solutions for systems of COTS and custom test and calibration products
- Maintain source code control, code libraries, and develop HW test procedures and quality/test requirements
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering is required, M.S.E.E. degree a plus.
- Extensive direct design experience with microprocessors in mixed signal circuits.
- Programming bare metal embedded processors using C/C++
- Experience with common test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, VOM, parametric analyzers.
- Must have good documentation habits. Experience with Configuration Management tools like SVN (Rev Control) and Omnify (PLM) a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
o Microsoft Visual Studio (C++)
o Schematic design using OrCAD/Altium/etc.
o FPGA programming in VHDL/Verilog
o LabVIEW and/or Matlab Programming
o SPICE, ImageJ
- Fluent with basic MS Office products including Visio is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to learn new technologies and concepts quickly with a demonstrated drive to succeed.
- Must be effective in a laboratory and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for modest travel by auto and commercial travel (<5%).
- Due to government contract requirements candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident