Careers That Change Lives
The Sr. GRSS Service Center Manager is responsible for the operational effectiveness of the service depot located at North Haven Global Robotics HQ. This responsibility starts with establishing a new functional service repair facility for root cause failure analysis and light repairs. This responsibility encompasses people management and development, delivering outstanding customer service, deliver repair/refurbished products meeting high level technical repair and quality standards, implementing continuous improvement programs and maintaining strong links to the entire service organization and other functional stakeholders. Stakeholders include Service Depot Technicians, Contact Center Service Managers, Quality, Product Quality Experience, Regulatory, Program Managers, Marketing, Field Sales, Operations Leadership teams, Supply Chain, IT, Global Service Depots and the Global Service Operations Team.
- Proactively drive the identification and implementation for Service Depot standardization and continuous improvement projects to ensure quality, cost reduction, reduce lead-time, and maximize customer service satisfaction.
-Define annual goals and targets in areas for Customer Service Satisfaction, Quality, Financials, -Growth, and Employee Engagement, Inclusion and Innovation
- Drive and implement best standard practice procedures at the local, Global Service Operations and across international depot level.
- Through direct line management leadership and oversight, ensure Service Depot operates at peak productivity levels with optimized work flow and responsiveness.
- Responsible for defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the line level.
- Manage exceptions to the KPIs and drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership and talent management in a manner that supports the companys culture, policies, and ethics.
- Responsible for support team key accountabilities, development, and effectively communicating team role, goals, and expectations.
- Responsible for depot employee career development. Align employee strengths and skill sets to align with business needs/requirements.
- Ensure representation of serviceability design requirements to New Product Development teams that lead to better serviceable designs.
- Anticipate and manage financials in support of service center.
- Set annual operating plan and control expenditures to meet annual plan.
- Capital Planning, resource planning, review of standard costs of product, allocations, inventory, and typical expenditures.
- Identify cost reduction efforts, lower cost of repairs through continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for internal and external audit Service representation.
- Report monthly Service Quality Metrics (Quality Data Review)
- Liaison with and support Product Quality Experience processes and procedures.
- Works closely with supply chain leadership to ensure optimized parts flow. Leads service parts improvement by working closely with the Medtronic supply chain organization.
- Provides input to Medtronic Service Operations Council around depot systems development.
- Collaborate with other Service Centers/Depots on Pan-Medtronic depot strategies and initiatives
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
-Ensure compliance with relevant quality regulations including, Quality System Regulation (QSR 21 CFR 820), ISO 13485, Canadian Medical Device Regulation (CMDR) and EU Medical Device -Directive (EU MDD 93/42 EEC), Quality Business System and Key Corporate Policies. As well as compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- Travel requirement: 10-20%
A Day in the Life
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with 5+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
Nice to Have
- MBA or Engineering masters
- Medical Device Industry experience
- Lean Six Sigma Experience/Knowledge
- Excellent coaching and people skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- High customer focus and understanding of customer needs.
- Solid Financials Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Technically competent and able to provide clear direction to engineers and technicians.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Lets work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)