Texas Digestive Disease Consultants (TDDC) is seeking an experienced Sr. Staff Account for our Southlake Administrative Building. This position will be based out of the Southlake Office.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Main point of contact for the month-end close process, liaising directly with both internal and external parties
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develop and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Works closely with the management team to gain a complete understanding of the current consolidation requirements, ensuring full compliance with statutory accounting principles
- Process month-end journal entries, eliminations, and allocations
- Assist with internal control documentation, monitoring, and review
- Assist Controller and Sr. Director of Accounting & Finance on the PBC list required for the annual financial audit
- Prepare ad hoc reports and work on projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelors in Accounting or Business-related degree required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of accounting experience using US GAAP preferred. Big 4 or large accounting firm a plus.
Requirements for Senior Level Status:
- Excellent Microsoft computer skills
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Experience with mid-market ERP software package a plus
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable interacting and collaborating with stakeholders throughout the business
- High attention to detail
- Desire to achieve excellent project outcomes, and exceed expectations in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Capable of adapting to changing priorities
- No performance or disciplinary actions in last year.
- Serve as mentor/trainer for new hires in field.
- Considered as subject-matter expert in areas by peers, management, and physicians.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting using US GAAP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Big 4 or large accounting firm: 3 years (Preferred)