The Staff Accountant is instrumental in the delivery of accounting services to our clients. They are responsible for full charge accounting for their portfolio. They are involved in cash management and interaction with the District Managers and the clients.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting from an accredited College/University and two (2) years of relevant accounting experience.
- Governmental and/or not-for-profit accounting experience highly preferred.
- Experience with financial statements is required.
- Successfully pass pre-employment screenings and background/reference checks.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate/manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all professional levels.
- Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and independent thinking.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organizations philosophy of high quality, professionalism and organizational culture.
KNOWLEDGE & CRITICAL SKILLS
Must have a working knowledge of applicable company policies, procedures, state licensing standards, and must be familiar with accreditation expectations, including, but not limited to:
- Knowledge and application of accounting software and Excel required.
- Knowledge and application of accounts receivable (A/R), accounts payable (A/P) and reconciliations is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for full-charge client accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Handles all Account Receivable/Cash Application and Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements.
- Coordinates and processes client payroll with outside vendor.
- Prepares end of month close, including recording financial transactions to the G/L, reconciliation of all accounts, revenue schedules, and expense analysis.
- Coordinates external audits of client financials and other reporting.
- Non-essential duties include other job related duties as assigned.
Regular office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Riverview, FL (Preferred)