ERM is seeking a motivated entry or mid-level Staff Engineer - Water Resources Programmer to join our growing team in our Malvern, PA office. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging assignments for large industrial and global clients.
- Develop new programs and tools, enhance existing models, perform model runs in both Windows and Unix platform using Intel Visual FORTRAN or similar compilers.
- Apply/modify/enhance watershed and water resource/water quality models to various surface water environmental settings.
- Develop tools/utilities in FORTRAN, Python, R or MATLAB to assist with computational analyses, pre- and post-processing of model results, and enhancements to existing models.
- Acquire and process datasets, monitor model applications, and perform supporting calculations.
- Assist with data evaluation and report preparation.
- Execute multiple projects within scope / schedule / budget expectations and ensure quality standards on deliverables.
- Work cohesively with project teams as well as independently.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Geospatial data analysis of model results using ARGIS or similar GIS software.
- M.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering, preferred. Exceptional candidates with a Bachelors degree will be considered. Desired educational background includes aquatic chemistry, fluid mechanics, statistics, water resources and computational hydrology/hydraulics/fluid dynamics.
- Recent graduate to 8 years of related experience.
- MUST HAVE demonstrable experience with one or more programming environments such as FORTRAN, MATLAB, and/or R.
- Preferably have experience working in the Intel Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with an existing hydrology, hydrodynamic or water quality model (e.g., HEC-RAS, SWAT, QUAL2K, WASP, POM, ECOMSed, CE-QUAL-W2, EFDC) desired.
- Strong aptitude for and interest in problem solving and analytical thinking with high degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Hands on experience with data visualization and analytics
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!