Staff Nurse, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, 20hrs, Rotating, Highland Park - (68445) NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognitionthe highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient caresomething only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950+ physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Staff Nurse for our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit located at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a part-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be rotating on am/pm shifts (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) with on-call weekends (4-5 on-call shifts per 6-week schedule). Will be cross-trained to ASU.
In this role, you will:
- Independently provide safe, effective, and compassionate nursing care for a patient population on a specific unit
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed assistive personnel in delivering interdisciplinary patient care
- Communicate and collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred
- BLS/CPR Certification for the Healthcare Provider required
- Prior nursing or if new graduate nurse, CNA experience preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission to preserve and improve human life through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Primary Location: USA-IL-Highland Park Work Locations: Highland Park Hospital : HGPK-1000 60035 Job: Nursing-Staff Positions Organization: Highland Park Hospital Part-time Job Posting: Jun 25, 2019, 9:14:04 AM