Position/Title: Station Manager
Reports to: Director of Stations
Location: JFK Station (New York)
At Eastern Airlines curiosity and excitement for growth go a long way. In fact, Eastern Airlines was launched by seekers, adventurers and above all fliers. Our rich legacy and pioneering spirit are still evident in our team today.
Our open-hearted attitude, respect for the people we fly and our attention to detail is what sets Eastern Airlines apart from its competitors. Natural curiosity and hunger for wonder are behaviors that make our employees successful.
This summary provides a listing of the knowledge, skills and abilities that are critical components of the position for Station Manager.
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position, that will report to the Director of Stations and will work closely with all other operational departments. This position is responsible for overseeing the Companys operations at the airport field location posted and participates as a member of the corporate team on airport facility strategy. The Station Manager is expected to be a visible and omnipresent individual across the organization, liaising with other key functions including flight operations, inflight, maintenance and engineering, systems operations control and commercial. This position is expected to ensure the highest levels of safety, customer service, quality, performance and compliance at the station level.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure team member compliance of company policies regarding customer service, baggage handling, on-time performance, and promote continuous improvement;
- Responsible for achieving all station ground/cargo/baggage/customer above and below the wing operational goals related to customer satisfaction, operating performance, safety, service and regulatory compliance;
- Provide guidance and ensure station accountability for airline vendor functions and performance for local contracts providing service to Company (cargo handling, fuelers, skycap, security, catering, cleaning and ground handling). Evaluate the performance and implementation of appropriate measures and corrective actions as required;
- Provide guidance and leadership to ensure good working relationships between Eastern and airport city officials, FAA, TSA, OSHA, police and fire departments.
- Establish effective and cost-effective staffing levels that allow for the proper handling of station operations while also demonstrating fiscal responsibility;
- Ensure training requirements are met, evaluate training effectiveness and provide guidance to the training department with respect to improvements;
- Ensure customer complaints and compliments are investigated and responded to in a timely manner;
- Proactively coordinate with the HDQ Commercial team for all schedule changes and changing customer requirements;
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance with all company manuals, processes and procedures and monitor for current revisions and availability;
- Lead by example and motivate to achieve results by exemplifying integrity, professionalism and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and achieving results
- Three (3) or more years experience in managing airline station operations
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to always exercise independent and good judgment;
- Must be able to establish goals and objectives and constantly measure the performance of stations while ensuring company goals are achieved
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to have strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; appropriate discretion, and takes initiative;
- Self-motivated and independent problem-solving ability;
- Ability to travel from time to time
- Must be able to pass a two (2) year drug and alcohol background check, pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- planning and organizational skills: 3 years (Required)
- previous Airline Station Manager: 3 years (Required)
- Leading teams and achieving results: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Weekends required
- Monday to Friday