Curry ACE Paint and Hardware
Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an independently owned family operated neighborhood hardware store located in Quincy, Ma., Hanover, Ma. and Braintree, Ma. Our brand promise for over ****93 years has been to exceed our customers expectations every customer every time. Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary responsibility for all positions with Curry ACE Hardware is to exceed customer expectation every customer every interaction. A store coordinator is responsible for monitoring the level of customer traffic, approaching customers and asking them the magic question, directing customers to the appropriate area of the store and supporting the Team Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers by asking them the magic question What can I help you find today?
- Identify types of customers and notify associates accordingly using mission, project and browser terminology.
- Be observant to floor temperature and notify associates using hot, cold and warm floor terminology
- Radio for additional associates to help customers as required
- Walk the aisles to ensure all customers are being helped while maintaining an awareness of store temperature
- Assist customers if all other associates are helping other customers.
- Perform tasks previously outlined when customer traffic rescinds or until an associate or cashier alerts to new customers
- Provide the best possible experience for Every Customer, Every Time by being helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.
- When you are not with a customer or cleaning, stand in a main aisle to get the best view of customers coming into your department. Walk up and down the main aisles to be sure customers are being assisted in all departments. Avoid personal conversations with co-workers on the floor.
- Serve Customers in assigned departments, or storewide, and provide needed advice or information, greet customers as soon as you encounter them.
- Demonstrate the S.A.L.E.S. process
- Use the Five Foot Rule greet and/or acknowledge all customers within five feet of you all the time.
- Always be polite and attentive to customers. Make eye contact and smile. Do not avoid customers.
- Always wear your radio and headset in order to effectively communicate with other associates or management.
- Offer customers a red basket for their shopping use.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate professionally with customers and team members
- Skilled at providing prompt, friendly and attentive customer service
- Strong organizational skills with a passion for details
- Proven track record of being a team player
- Knowledge and experience of various departments is strongly desired.
- A continuous pattern of regular and prompt attendance is required.
- Availability must be flexible including some weekends and holidays.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time, walk, reach, and bend to perform job duties
- Move and handle merchandise up to ****93 pounds, and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.