MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing advanced sensor technology to address C5ISR mission requirements. MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research, development, analysis and field service support to advance the architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and Force Protection missions. Our System Division provide the engineering design, development of complete and integrated solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a Subcontracts Specialist with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Contracts and Subcontracts
- Supports all aspects for contract and subcontract administration to include contract and subcontract negotiations, contract administration, front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, and customer interactions to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Process contract and subcontract actions requested by the program management team.
- Works in conjunction with program management, program control, accounting, security and business development to support all aspects of contract and subcontract administration and management.
- Ensures compliance with contractual terms and conditions, flow down requirements, and that contracts are in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations
- Manages the contract and subcontract closeout process, prepare closeout documentation, and coordinate the submission of final closeout vouchers
- Prepares and maintains various reports and tracking mechanisms for both internal and external distribution.
- Drafts and negotiates terms and conditions for agreements, including consulting service agreements, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Reviews and updates standard agreement templates while identifying terms and clauses in agreements that represent compliance risks.
- Ensures standard contracts practices are utilized across the organization with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist in the development of appropriate and creative winning strategies for proposals in response to RFP and task order solicitations.
- Reads and interprets solicitations, contracts and modifications and directs contracts staff involved in proposal preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of cost/pricing proposals and the analysis of team proposal submissions. Prepare business proposals in response to RFPs. Assist in the development of proposal pricing strategies and establish sound contractual policy to facilitate successful contract implementation. Review proposals prior to submission to ensure technical compliance.
- Provide timely contractual advice on critical areas such as OCI, performance-based acquisition and other areas of concern to the Project, Program and Business Leaders.
- Interface responsively with all levels of the organization and Government officials utilizing strong written and verbal skills.
- Responsible for preparing/updating and complying with government property procedures.
- Operate effectively in a team environment collaborating and coordinating within Contracts and across the organization.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Contracting and/or Subcontracts fields with demonstrated application and interpretation of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the development, negotiation and administration of high-dollar, multi-year, complex contracts and subcontracts
- Knowledge of federal government relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFARS, and other agency regulations required.
- Thorough understanding of DCAA auditing and compliance related matters.
- Superior knowledge of total Governmental contracting process
- Exemplary analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with all parties internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-up, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a fast paced challenging environment and manage multiple, and oftentimes competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision under a system of discipline and accountability
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English language
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active security clearance preferred; but not required
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer