Summer Bridge Pre-K Lead Teacher
Hudson Guild – New York, NY
Hudson Guild is seeking a Seasonal Summer Bridge Program Pre-K Teacher. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of School Bridge, the Teacher will assist in facilitating curriculum and instruction, overseeing and maintaining accurate records, and maintain a healthy and safe environment for children.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2); Nursery, Kindergarten, and Grades 1-6 (N-6); Students with Disabilities (Birth-Grade 2)
- A Master s in Early Childhood Education and/or related field
- Bilingual in either Spanish/English; Mandarin/English; Cantonese/English
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Work collaboratively with classroom staff to ensure a safe and healthy classroom
- Supervise staff in the classroom including assistant teachers, aides, volunteers, and/or therapists
- Develop summer engagement activities for classroom and facilitate lesson plans that are aligned with the Creative Curriculum format and the Common Core Standards
- Supervise all activities, outings and special events for Bridge Classroom ensuring the safety of all participants.
- Collaborate with Elementary team around summer events and accommodate theme to ensure Bridge Classroom participation.
- Effectively communicate the development and progress of children with families using cultural sensitivity
- Responsible for identifying children with disabilities and assisting with referrals
- Maintain up to date documentation for children in your classroom, including being responsible for assessing children in the classroom, writing monthly observations, and conducting home visits
- Responsible for maintaining and updating classroom setting regularly
- Attend weekly teacher meetings, monthly in-service training s, and other professional development training s
Summer Camp programming operates from July 8th to August 16th.
Hudson Guild is an equal opportunity employer.