Job ID: 168469
Location Name: Mississippi Distribution Center
Address: 8500 Nail Road, Olive Branch, MS 38654, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Distribution Center
Second Shift: Sunday-Thursday
Summary: The Operations Supervisor is accountable for the day-to-day operation of a department within the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on effectively planning work in order to meet established timelines and effective supervision of associates to achieve critical operational goals in the areas of productivity, quality, safety, and housekeeping. This position is responsible for maintaining a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork and for developing positive and productive work relationships.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Spends approximately 75% of their time on the operational floor with associates driving engagement, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback.
- Provides direct supervision to a team of skilled employees, which includes Workflow Coordinators and Associates as well as managing the relationship with the onsite staffing agency in relation to temporary agency employees working in the department(s)
- Administers policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities which include counseling associates consistently on performance and behavioral concerns.
- Responsible for creating and supporting the companys engagement strategies by observing and coaching employees on proper job related activities and providing timely feedback on necessary action plans.
- Sets and communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- Owns, completes and delivers annual performance evaluations for each associate
- Identify and prioritize those tasks which need to be accomplished in order to meet daily business goals and to successfully prepare the incoming shift for a quick and effective transition and start-up.
- Ensure a safe environment for the team by driving safety strategies, recognition and accountability.
- Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with leadership to resolve.
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Resolves problems requiring broad based analysis to determine solution and presenting to Sr. Leaders.
Motivates others and promotes collaboration and accountability to meet team goals
- Builds trust with direct and indirect business partners by explaining rationale behind business process and approach taken to decision making.
- Discusses and presents information and issues with business partners located in support and operational departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
- Demonstrates ability to lead and develop both self and others
- Understand computer applications such as MS Office and utilize applications to do analysis and problem solving
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
- Demonstrate and enthusiastic and professional demeanor
- Non-exempt associates within assigned department.
- Moderate but varying temperature and humidity in office and warehouse environments.
- Must be able to stand, sit, squat, lift and/or walk for duration of scheduled shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- College degree in a logistics related field, or three to five years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or ability to quickly develop a proficiency in such systems. Knowledge in JDA WMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Mot Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world s premier digital beauty destination.