Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Supervisor, Escrow Analysis plays an important role in the organization by overseeing a number of activities directly related to the companys Escrow functions. The role is responsible, under intermittent to general supervision, for overseeing the day-to-day productivity of direct reports and monitoring reports to ensure department efficiency for the Escrow Analysis Department. The Supervisor manages employees, sets objectives, and assigns work/projects related to area(s) of expertise and supervision. He or she ensures tasks are handled within agreed upon Service Levels and in compliance with established guidelines as provided by investors, company, state and federal regulations.
- Monitor metrics, volumes, and quality to maximize productivity, efficiency, investor compliance, and service levels for area(s) under supervision.
- Coach and hold team members accountable for performance.
- Hire, train, coach, discipline and exit team members.
- Develop and deliver training that encompasses changes, improvements, and other information related to investor rules and regulations, compliance criteria, internal policy and guidelines, and Escrow best practices.
- Perform Quality Monitoring reviews on Escrow tasks to ensure compliance with agreed upon standards, as well as state and investor guidelines; provide coaching and recognition based on review findings.
- Update internal procedures to ensure compliance with state-specific and federal consumer mortgage lending laws.
- Partner with IT, Compliance, and business analysts to implement projects and new programs as requested by investor/clients. Work with management on initiatives and projects.
- Ensure systems are updated, tested, and audited to reflect modifications to policies and procedures.
- Oversee Escrow Analysis Audits, and provide final review and approval of escrow waivers, removal/set-up of escrow impound accounts, and issuance of escrow refund/replacement checks. Provide requested information to auditors.
- Respond to escalated issues that cannot be resolved by direct reports; track issues in the system until closed, and map trends in order to implement solutions.
- Role model and coach direct reports on how to properly explore, analyze, and respond to issues and concerns via phone and through written correspondence.
- Identify and stay current on changes in industry regulations, and recommend updates to internal policies, procedures, policies, and systems based on new/changed requirements.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Conduct new hire training and identify areas where additional training is required; partner with Compliance on rollout training.
- Analyze and resolve problems rationally; use sound judgment, expertise and experience to create positive outcomes, hold difficult conversations, and influence others.
- Demonstrate and promote Guild Core Values
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college courses/technical training preferred, along with five or more years total mortgage loan servicing experience required, with at least two years experience in a supervisory/lead role.
- Expert-level knowledge of conventional and government mortgage loan documents, including overall processes and inter-relationships, standards and requirements, terminology, compliance and regulatory requirements related to federal debt collection laws, Federal Bankruptcy Laws, and proper handling of other legal situations.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures, CFPB, FCRA and FDCPA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Proficiency with data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; BlitzDocs preferred.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.
Direct: Number Job Titles
Senior Escrow Analysis Specialist
- Apply sound judgment and thinks critically about downstream impact of changes on processes and systems that impact department and company policies and protocols
- Manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment; leads with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Ability to be patient and train less experienced team members, respond to questions, build capability
- Hire, train, discipline, and exit team members
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.