We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for the most demanding missions.
Our ethos defines our culture Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and Committed.
5.11 Tactical has established itself as the fastest-growing and most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional products in the world. Through a commitment to operator-led product innovation, quality and compelling value, 5.11 has developed a loyal following among some of the most demanding and discerning end-users of apparel and gear.
At our Operations Center in Modesto and Development Center in Irvine, we leverage our deep relationships with Law Enforcement, Special Forces Operators and First Responders to gain unique insights. The results are products that break new ground combining ruggedness, speed, range of motion and ultimate comfort in professional duty, tactical training, adventure, womens tactical, fitness and industrial professionals.
This role reports to the Director of Inventory Management and supports the companys supply chain, via the purchase, management and deployment of Global Inventory to meet expected service levels, while maintaining targeted Finished Goods Inventory levels. This person also develops and drives a well-balanced inventory plan to maximize sales while minimizing costs.
- Coordinate with Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Sales, and Customer Service teams to provide inventory plans to meet expected service levels for all stocked products
- Develop new analytical tools and reports to enable more efficient, fact-based decision-making as well as improved standardization in ways of working across product categories
- Drive business process improvements leveraging tools and technology
- Analyze and provide inventory purchase recommendations based on sales trends, shipments, consumption rates, safety stock, receipts, case pack quantities, lead times and production MOQs.
- Create future production projections for assigned product categories and collaborate with Supply Planning team in Hong Kong sourcing office to ensure future supply plans align with vendor production capabilities.
- Manage and implement Product Classifications and determine appropriate Safety Stock levels to support targeted service levels
- Contribute to the teams ongoing improvement of safety stock methodology
- Manage Air / Ocean ship analysis to ensure cost-effective shipping decisions while maintaining expected service levels
- Maintain targeted inventory balances across Global warehouses including intercompany warehouse transfers
- Develop regular communication cadence with Demand Planning and Supply Planning teams to review inventory levels, identify inventory risks, and make upward recommendations on courses of action
- Respond quickly to ad hoc requests from Sales & Customer Service for inventory within lead-time.
- Identify areas of service level risk and proactively communicate with Sales & Customer Service to develop action plans with customers that will maximize sales & minimize costs.
- Make recommendations to Sales and Customer Service teams for allocation of constrained goods, and substitutions against shortages to optimize fill rate within lead-time.
- Manage performance against expected service levels (fill rates)
- Identify, manage and minimize excess, obsolete and slow movers.
- Communicate with Supply Planning and Logistics teams to track & manage in-transit inventory
- Communicate with Quality & Logistics teams to ensure quick, prioritized and accurate receipt of goods
- Create, define and execute ad hoc analysis within tight deadlines
- Other duties and projects as assigned in both scope and timeline
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following credentials:
- Bachelors Degree in Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years experience as a Planner in Supply Chain or similar position required.
- Knowledge of shipping/receiving functions, inventory control, and production planning
- Excellent communications & collaboration skills
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, in particular MS Excel (including functions such as VLOOKUP, DATA TABLE, INDEX, SUMIF, Slicer)
- Experience with Logility and Microsoft Dynamics a plus. Experience with other supply chain technology such as, SAS, JDA or other advanced planning / allocations system.
- Proficiency with MS Access is a plus but not required
- APICS Certification a plus.
At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold our Ethos which defines our culture Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and Committed.
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to over-deliver relative to expectations.