Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in an administrative or executive business partner role at a global technology company.
- 5 years experience in a program management role, defining projects and delivering them on time and on budget.
- Direct experience managing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
Google s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project s progress and deadlines.
The Administrative Business Partner (ABP) community inspires our culture and strengthens connections across the broader team. As a Program Manager for the ABP community, you will help our ABPs grow and develop into an effective, cohesive team within a new support model.
In this role, you will hire, develop, and lead a team of ABPs in providing excellent support and coverage across multiple VP organizations. You will work closely with the executive team to direct ABP support as team needs shift. You also help executives learn how best to leverage and grow their ABPs. At the core of your work, you will support your organization s adherence to Googles vision for diversity and inclusion.
- Partner with organizational leadership to oversee the administration of attendance/timekeeping and payroll for ABPs. Manage resource allocations, career development, and overall performance of team.
- Establish standards of work performance; organize, schedule, assign, and review work; and provide work direction and technical guidance for staff and ensure adequate coverage adjusting for absences and timely workflow.
- Develop, promote, and maintain effective communication, positive working relationships, and relations within and across Google product areas.
- Demonstrate effective judgment in the answering of inquiries, resolving problems, and directing people to proper personnel or departments for resolution of issues. Serve as partner with the executive staff and advocate for the administrative team.
- Provide program management support, perform studies, and coordinate projects. Lead cross-functional teams to establish standards of work performance and implement process improvements for the larger organization.
At Google, we dont just accept differencewe celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.