Support Services Specialist for Pinellas Head Start/ Early Head Start
General Description: Provides support in the areas of facility maintenance, inventory, transportation, and special projects. Responsible for coordinating and managing duties with responsibility for safety, construction, maintenance, repair, custodial, aesthetic improvements, and landscaping activities. Works with employees, contractors, property managers and service-oriented businesses as needed. Conducts health and safety inspections of vehicles, buildings, grounds, and playgrounds. Participates in Quality Assurance efforts.
- Ensure compliance with key regulations such as federal, local and state building, Life Safety, American with Disabilities Act (ADA) codes and various health and safety requirements.
- Identifies scope for bid projects, obtains cost estimates, evaluates proposals and reviews vendor license requirement. Submits purchase requisitions for requested service, monitors contract compliance in accordance to local, state and federal regulations and quality of workmanship. Maintains appropriate project and maintenance records.
- Reviews vendor invoices and services received to ensure satisfaction and project specification compliance.
- Reviews charges for services or items received according to the terms of any new and/or extended warranties, in order to receive the full benefit of the warranties and reduce costs to the program.
- Oversees and conducts program special projects and provides, training, technical assistance, and supervision in the areas of facilities, fleet, transportation, and inventory. Provides day to day operational support.
- Evaluates and supervise the work of contractors, fleet, transportation, and maintenance staff; advises the Operations Manager if there are areas for improvement.
- Act as liaison between the program and external vendors and contractors in planning, scheduling, coordinating and completion of special projects and events.
- Supervises and participates in the erection of small structures and the more complex alteration, repair, and maintenance of plumbing, electric, and water systems and/or fixtures, brick, cement, HVAC, and carpentry work.
- Maintain operational records and prepares special and routine reports.
- Monitors, tracks, collects, and process work orders and requests via computerized work control system: tracks, trends, task completion and reports maintenance and operations performance indicators monthly against department goals.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair tasks. Conducts regularly scheduled and unscheduled vehicle, playground and health and safety inspections and quality checks. Identify deficiencies, creates a plan of action for correction and quickly resolves the identified issue if applicable. Inspects completed assignments.
- Develops, implements, and tracks systems for building security and maintenance.
- Performs random inspections and verifies that all required building and grounds inspections, licenses and contracts are current and on file.
- Performs playground assessments and provides recommendations for equipment purchases and required upgrades. Provides an innovative approach to minimizing playground-related accidents.
- Record, monitor, and track inventoried assets. Performs random and scheduled inventory audits.
- Maintains inventory database of added, deleted and the relocation of program assets.
- Arranges, coordinates, and schedules programmatic transportation requests.
- Provides support with program Fleet activities and operates vehicles (e.g. school bus, passenger vans, minivans etc.). Serves as a driver for deliveries and pick-ups; transportation for, fixed routes, field trips, dental visits and incidental trips.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of all Federal and State transportation regulations and requirements, including but not limited to driver training, evacuation drills, bus onboard observations, Department of Transportation, pre and post trip inspections.
- Assists with the coordination receipt of new and renewal child care licenses, opening of new facilities, and the relocation of furniture, classroom supplies and applicable program contents to Head Start operated facilities and contracted venues.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budget constraints. Monitors and tracks parts purchases, maintenance and repairs. Makes recommendations for expenditures.
- Records accidents and incidents. Reports claim to the insurance carrier and coordinates repairs when applicable. Coordinates receipt of insurance certificate requests.
- Recommends changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of work.
- Receive and distribute supplies and equipment from vendors, centers, and or administrative offices.
- Attends workshops and meetings as deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to Head Start children, families, and staff in accordance with LSF and its policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or G.E.D. with two years of experience in facilities maintenance or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of general building maintenance, inventory and facilities management is required. AA in Business or related field preferred. Previous experience with contracting preferred.
Must have experience and/or certifications in playground safety, Occupational Safety, or Project Management or contracting.
Licenses and Certifications:
Commercial Driver License (CDL), valid Class B Commercial Drivers License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements with 1-year experience transporting children in a school bus. Current playground inspector certification. Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or English and other languages present in the local area.
Also required: Successful completion of a Level II background screening, local criminal record check and drug screening prior to hiring.
Lutheran Services Florida Children & Head Start Services
2210 Tall Pines Drive Suite 220 Largo, FL 33771