The Technical Support Technician is responsible for providing high quality customer service and technical support for all organizational IT & AV client solutions. The Technical Support Technician relies on experience and judgment as well as preestablished procedures and instructions to identify, research and resolve technical problems.
Schedule: This position will be required to work at least one weekend day. From there, the remainder of the hours would fall during the week with the exact schedule during the week being somewhat flexible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to Shedd s vision, mission and values.
- Provide high quality customer service for all audio/visual events and end user technical requests.
- Proven ability to support IT components (Client & Mobile Hardware / Software), Windows, IOS, Android and Office.
- Record problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion and communicate internally within IT and externally with the customer through problem resolution.
- Provide technical support for all Audio/Visual related systems including but not limited to display devices, projectors, video teleconferencing (VTC) systems using documented procedures and tools.
- Provide comprehensive audio/visual support for meetings and events including setup, testing, operation and removal of AV equipment, configuration of conference room and event spaces and audio or video conferencing needs.
- Perform regular testing/maintenance/upgrades of all internal IT & AV systems
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date inventory of all applicable hardware & software.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Other duties as assigned
- Any combination of education and training equivalent to a bachelor s degree which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described
- Advanced coursework in computer technology, network administration, or similar field is highly desirable
- Customer support experience via a help desk / service desk model
- Experience troubleshooting a wide range of IT problems
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems (Windows ****93) and applications (Office ****93, O****93)
- Familiarity with networking concepts, including TCP IP and VoIP
- Experience with networked AV technology
- Familiarity of VTC systems like Polycom, Skype for Business and ZOOM
- Ability and desire to provide extraordinary customer-service to internal customers
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift ****93lbs or more
- CompTIA A+, ACMT preferred
We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ community, veterans and active duty military, parents, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from all cultural backgrounds to apply. Shedd Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to select which pronouns you use (For example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).