Please note: Principals Only, No 3rd Party Recruiters. Thank you!
System Administrator (Mid - Senior Level) - DoD or DHS Clearances Required
Serry Systems is seeking System Administrators - Mid and Senior levels.
- Responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure on an on premise and cloud environment.
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Conduct isolation and resolution of complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Work with the database security support, storage and capacity planning support, and performance monitoring and tuning support.
- Configure and support systems or a segment of a network system.
- Monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption.
- Assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
- May provide DBA and Software Engineering support for migration of a legacy system to a cloud-based environment.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media as necessary
- Clearance: Public Trust or Secret
- BA/BS Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology related field
- 5+ years of experience in system administration
- Knowledgeable in Oracle Databases, Linux System Administration, AWS cloud technology, cloud security, application architectures
- Windows/Microsoft System Administration experience
- Experience migrating systems to the cloud