The Systems Administrator position is an IT generalist position providing day-to-day on sight operational support for Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 Server, Windows 7 / 10 Enterprise, and end-user support in an Active Directory environment. Applicants should display excellent technical problem solving skills, a solid understanding of Windows network operating systems, and general understanding of LAN / WAN networking. This position will also play a significant local support presence in agency workflow and production coordination of both Tier2 / Tier3 support, and act as the local technical point of contact for enterprise-wide IT projects. This position will work the First Shift at the client work-site: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
#LI-EG1Your future duties and responsibilities:
Server, workstation, and LAN support, patch management and deployment.
Installation, configuration, and administration of local servers, workstations, and associated peripheral equipment.
Administration of backup/restore applications. Administration of Microsoft Technologies including Exchange, SMS / SCCM, Active Directory, and DHCPRequired qualifications to be successful in this role:FUNCTIONS:
- The System Administrator must be proficient in the monitoring, use, and maintenance of the TDIS-PD system, including hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Inventory control of all the hardware, software, and computer peripherals for the Government; troubleshoot and relocate the workstations and/or the computer equipment, PC, and TDIS-PD related issues; and contribute in the team organization and commitment for continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently on system startup and shutdown procedures, namecheck startup and shutdown procedures; recording of remedial and preventive maintenance; assist in software training; and monitor the inventory tracking of supplies.
- Work closely with the Hardware Technician, the Director, the Team Leaders, and the Government officials, in inventorying non-technical hardware and furniture.
- At the request of the DOS, and under the direction of the System Administrator, may be required to install standard Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software and hardware provided by the Government, and to perform minor hardware upgrades on agency PCs and LAN servers.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.EDUCATION:
A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 3 years equivalent computer experience in Windows Active Directory, Windows 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 Server, Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Windows XP Workstation, PC troubleshooting, and LAN / WAN support.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience with Server Administration in a VMWare Environment; SAN / NAS Experience; Chassis / Blade / Hybrid Server HW Environment.Skills:
What you can expect from us:
- Active Directory
- WMware Certified Associate
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this changesupporting our clients digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.