System Analyst II - EPIC RADIANT
Mount Sinai Medical Center – Miami, FL
System Analyst II
As Mount Sinai continues to grow. so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida s hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees. 500 volunteers. 670 beds. 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida s largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team. we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We re looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- An excellent. team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health. dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare. tuition reimbursement. and much more!
- Attitude - Maintains a positive attitude welcomes and incorporates feedback and shows appreciation for colleagues patients partners and customers in a consistent manner.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates great teamwork shares information with others responsive with all communications/deliverables collaborates with the team to resolve open issues and anticipates the needs of colleagues in a consistent manner.
- Service Delivery - Takes personal ownership of issues ensures a high degree of accuracy with all communications/deliverables completes tasks according to committed timelines demonstrates excellent service recovery and communicates with customers in a consistent manner.
- Service Management - Actively monitors assigned HEAT tickets documents activities thoroughly and resolves issues within the established service levels in a consistent manner
- Workflow Analysis - Under direction of senior team members performs workflow analysis and design with input and guidance from key operational leadership. Facilitates workflow adoption on new processes.
- Testing - Participates in system testing events by executing scripts. Accurately documents and reports any noted errors or deficiencies.
- Upgrades/Optimizations - Provides support to department/end users during system upgrade and optimization activities
- Projects and New System Implementations - Executes assigned tasks under the supervision of senior team members/management. Tasks are completed within specified time frame.
- Issue Resolution - Utilizes system knowledge and available resources to address routine issues.
- Leadership - Actively participates in departmental and customer team meetings. Provides input and acts as a team resource by taking notes or other support activities.
- Knowledge - Achieves and maintains up-to-date application knowledge for assigned applications/process areas. Utilizes appropriate resources to further knowledge to address issues or complete assigned tasks.
- Downtime Processes - Actively participates in testing of downtime processes. Activities may include executing test scripts working with end users or other tasks to support downtime activities.
- Training - Participates in discussions related to the development of training content for users. Provides support to formal training classes when necessary in the form of proctoring materials preparation or other tasks as necessary.
- Minimum Requirements:
- 3+ years experience with large hospital applications/systems preferred
- EPIC Radiant Certification or equivalent
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience
- Radiology and/or PACS experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)