Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical support for assigned applications.
The AEHR Support Analyst works under the direction of the Ambulatory Manager or team lead(s) to provide day-to-day operational support, ongoing maintenance and configuration of the Allscripts Touchworks Enterprise Electronic Health Record (AEHR) application to support the business goals and objectives. Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned business areas
- Possess technical knowledge of assigned application technology
- Work with Business Analyst to understand the customers product-specific requirements and configuration and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration
- Ensure programs meet technical specifications and standards
- Interact with Business and clinical representatives during the software build or configuration and testing process
- Perform technical application configuration and configure /run reports at user request
- Design and execute unit, system and integration test plans for new developments/releases/reports
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application
- Perform application maintenance activities
- Provide production support
- Assist in resolving support calls escalated by the Service Desk
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations
- Provide support for the EHR system as determined in the support matrix.
- Provide Tier II application support to Northwell physicians and staff using the Allscripts EHR system.
- Follow the incident management and problem management processes per the defined support SLA.
- Communicate with end users of the AEHR system to understand issues encountered and develop solutions.
- Participate and provide support for enterprise initiatives, such as system upgrades, new integrations, and the configuration of new functionality.
- Participate in the analysis and design of system enhancements.
- Create documentation for system configuration and work-flows.
- Write and execute test plans for unit, functional, and integrated testing as required including plans used for interfaces, system enhancements, work-flows, and system upgrades.
- Contribute to the analysis, design, configuration, build, testing, and application administration as needed.
- Follow and enforce change management processes for all environment changes.
- Create and maintain documentation on all activities, project specifications, and maintain Disaster Recovery documentation as needed.
- Perform systems administration activities in the EHR such as new user setup, workspace configurations, role setup, e-prescribing enrollment, etc.
- Provide support as needed during the implementation of new facilities, and provide on-going systems and operational support for each facility.
- Liaison with the third party vendors as needed for support and implementations.
- Participate in 24/7 On-call rotation for Production Support.
Allscripts is dedicated to attracting and developing a highly diverse workforce/EOE
Qualifications Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 2-5 years industry experience preferred
- 2-5 years experience in providing technical support and maintenance in assigned product preferred
- Experience in clinical implementations, specifically ambulatory EMR applications.
- Allscripts Enterprise EHR experience highly desired and is a plus
- Touchworks EMR experience a must
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Independent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Intermediate SQL experience needed
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work appropriately
- Integrity an high professional, personal, and ethical standards
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans