Typical Education & Experience :
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education :
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship will not be provided for this opportunity.
- Must have an Active Clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Five (5) years of overall professional experience in the engineering field.
- Five (5) years' experience in Oracle and/or SQL Server database administration and analysis support. Proposed Oracle systems engineer personnel shall be fully trained and experienced with the Windows and HP Unix operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2 / HP-UX 11.3.x), Oracle Database 11g database technology, PL/SQL programming, Oracle stored procedures, database performance tuning, E-R database design principles and methodology, backup and recovery, systems analysis, security practices and system documentation. Proposed SQL systems engineer personnel shall be fully trained and industry recognized Microsoft Certified personnel experienced and familiar with both Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 operating systems, SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 database administration, T-SQL programming, database performance tuning, backup and recovery, systems analysis, security practices and system documentation.
- Requires experience serving in one or more of the following roles
- Database Architect
- Replication Expert
- Database Encryption Expert
- LDAP/Certificate Authentication Expert
- Disaster Recovery/COOP expert
- Database Security Expert
- High Availability Expert
- Expert knowledge and practical experience within DoD IT database management technology stacks, responsible for planning and implementing database and/or Application Server implementations.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and negotiating large sized technology projects in support of business initiatives.
- Experienced in initiating, planning, mentoring, executing, controlling, and delivery of working projects.
OCP 12c (or higher ) or MCSA:SQL Server 2012(or higher)
- DoD 8570 / 8140 IAT Level II Certifications:
- IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, Security +CE, SSCP) or
- IAT III (CASP CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
Job Description :We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to work for our company. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for a wide variety of functions to include but not limited to:
- Responsible for effective provisioning, operation, installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware/software/related infrastructure.
- Provide technical support, guidance and hands-on delivery in the planning, implementation and ongoing operation of databases.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and regulatory requirements.
- Document specifications, project plans, configurations, test plans and results.
- Depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicate project objectives scope and status to project teams.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.