What you will do
The Systems Support Technician (Programmer) provides specialized technical support to Field Technicians by performing upload and download functions for National Account and Core Commercial customers. To succeed, our Programmers utilize knowledge of low to high end panels, video, and government. Our Programmers also assist with technical trouble-shooting and special programming projects. This position requires high degree of technical ability to research and resolve issues on DMP, Radionics, Focus, Safewatch, Vista and DSC panels.
How you will do it
- Take inbound phone calls from technicians requesting uploads and downloads, programming information into new or existing accounts in response to tech request or by scope of work.
- Generates field service work order requests when unable to establish remote DLL session.
- Completes data entry into programming if required when completing a download.
- Resolves technical issues through research and investigation and responds back to appropriate parties via phone.
- Performs and issues confirmations when panel download has been completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications What we look for
- Ability to multi-task; strong customer service, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Competency in Microsoft Windows / Office.
- Must be a team player and able to work as business needs dictate
- Demonstrated knowledge of all panel types and special programming projects.
- Experience with alarm installation, DLL, technical support, or data processing preferred.
- Ability to perform technical research to resolve complex problems in various versions of Focus, Safewatch, Vista, Radionics, DMP and DSC panels.
- 1 to 3 years of contact / call center experience.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, were shaping the future to create a world thats safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email [email protected]
Job Field Operations
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions