Job Id : 6405
Jobtitle : Systems/Network Engineer
Location : Lombard, IL
Company Name : Aqueity, Inc.
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $34,000 - $59,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-11-01
Required Skills : Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Multi-task, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance
The Systems/Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the client's entire environment, along with coordinating complex projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid skill in networking and internet technologies with a general understanding of Microsoft core technologies.
Education, Experience & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Fortinet, IBM, etc.
- 2+ years experience in similar role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDS, and Citrix
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Discover opportunities for enhancing client’s environment
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses
- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Language Skills & Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and process/procedure documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization, processes and procedures is sometimes limited.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute and speak English fluently.
- Major medical, dental & vision insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement account matching
- Technology spending account
- Paid training allowance
- Paid time off
- Business casual dress code
- Competitive salary based on experience
- IT Support: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 2 years (Preferred)