Boston Properties, Inc. – Boston, MA
Primary Purpose of Position:
- Ensure the compliance of all federal, state and local taxes as well as issue resolution for the Norges Private REIT s as well as the New Jersey region.
- Responsible for maintenance of REIT income testing compliance under IRC -for the Norges private REITs so that the Company will maintain proper REIT certification.
- Ensure the proper treatment for IRC requirements under IRC code 704.
- Responsible for federal, state and local compliance for the Norges Private REIT s and New Jersey region to include the preparation and filing of all federal, state and local income, sales and use, and other miscellaneous tax forms.
- Prepare Boston Properties Limited Partnership and Boston Properties, Inc. New Jersey returns.
- Collect, analyze and present data to ensure proper REIT compliance under IRC 856-859 newly formed and existing private REITs with Norges Investor.
- Responsible for Dividend calculation for Private REIT s.
- Maintenance and analysis of Leasing questionnaire for REIT testing.
- Quarterly projections for Norges private REIT members.
- Maintain partner relationships with Norges investors.
- Review quarterly book/tax packages.
- Ensure proper tax treatment of the Company owned Taxable REIT Subsidiaries
- Maintain process to incorporate partner s IRC 743 and 734 basis adjustments properly.
- Responsible for calculations of state apportionments for multi-state partnerships and corporations to ensure proper presentation on tax returns.
- Maintain Company 704 Analysis
- Lease Review
- Respond to and work with various government authorities to resolve issues for the Norges Private REITs and in the New Jersey region.
- Review and assist other regional tax personnel work product as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate estimated payments of taxes and filing of extensions for the New Jersey region.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of required sales/use tax returns.
- Maintain tax department E-binder template
- As a part of the corporate tax group, work with team to ensure that group workload is performed in the most efficient and accurate manner.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting or related field required. MST candidate preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in Tax/Accounting required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Prior knowledge of web based tax software desired, as well as knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Proven initiative, and demonstrated skills for organization and multi task prioritization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interfaces with Regional Controllers for the New Jersey region as well as other New Jersey regional personnel.
- Establishes relationship and meets regularly with outside auditors and counsel.
- Establishes and maintains regular relationship with IS department.
- This position reports to Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Managers and VP, Tax who provide supervision, guidance and evaluate work performance on a periodic basis.
- This position supervises Assistant Tax Analyst and Interns.