Boston Properties, Inc. – Boston, MA
Job Description Tax Analyst
Primary Purpose of Position:
- Ensure the compliance of all federal, state and local taxes as well as issue resolution for the San Francisco California region.
- Responsible for federal, state and local compliance for the San Francisco California region to include the preparation and filing of all federal, state and local income, sales and use, and other miscellaneous tax forms.
- Ensure compliance with California Proposition C.
- Responsible for maintenance of REIT Income testing compliance under IRC 856 - 859 for the public REIT so that the company will maintain proper REIT certification.
- Collect, analyze and present data to ensure proper REIT compliance under IRC 856-859 for BP/DC Properties, Inc.
- Prepare California tax return for Boston Properties Limited Partnership.
- Maintain California JV Partner relationships.
- Quarterly projections for California Joint Ventures.
- Review quarterly book/tax packages.
- Maintain process to incorporate Cost Segregation analysis with new acquisitions and asset additions
- Special Projects as needed.
- Lease Review.
- Respond to and work with various government authorities to resolve issues in the California
- Review and assist other regional tax personnel work product as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate estimated payments of taxes and filing of extensions for the California
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of required sales/use tax returns.
- As a part of the corporate tax group, work with team to ensure that group workload is performed in the most efficient and accurate manner.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting or related field required. MST candidate preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in Tax/Accounting required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Prior knowledge of web based tax software desired, as well as knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Proven initiative, and demonstrated skills for organization and multi task prioritization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interfaces with Regional Controllers for the California region as well as other California regional personnel.
- Establishes relationship and meets regularly with outside auditors and counsel.
- Establishes and maintains regular relationship with IS department.
- Establishes relationship with tax software vendors
- This position reports to Senior Tax Analysts, Tax Managers, and Tax Director, who provide supervision, guidance and evaluate work performance on a periodic basis.
- This position supervises Assistant Tax Analysts.