Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Primarily responsible for the timely and accurate completion of Property Tax, Business License, and Gross Receipt returns, payments and related documentation for a multi-state organization. Implement and maintain Property Tax software including data uploads and updates. Organize and manage archiving of electronic tax records. Maintain tax files using filing systems in conjunction with the tax calendar. Work well with Tax Manager to achieve the departments goals. Provide support for audits and appeals.
- Heavy Property Tax compliance and minimal Business License and Gross Receipts compliance in the many jurisdictions where Tetra Tech conducts business.
- Utilize the tax calendar and database to ensure timely bill payment & filing compliance. Add or delete entries as they are discovered.
- Prepare extracts from various data sources and load into worksheets for property tax renditions.
- Prepare Access Database to produce Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Expensed Supplies for workpapers and renditions.
- Analyze trend factors, assessment ratios and mapping for all jurisdictions.
- Research and have working knowledge of property tax codes and regulations for jurisdictions where Tetra Tech business units file in order to take advantage of possible exemptions or reductions in value for personal and real property.
- Continually assess process improvement opportunities.
- Complete special tax projects that may develop as assigned.
Ability to identify problems and develop alternatives/solutions based on tax law.
- Possess experience in property tax compliance or strong accounting background/experience.
- Experience or understand concepts of preparing Gross Receipts and Business license tax returns.
- Oracle experience is a plus
- MUST possess excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel knowledge and the ability to learn new software within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to assume responsibility; function effectively in team environment or independently with minimal supervision to file returns on a timely basis.
- Ability to collaborate with Tax Department colleagues to identify cost saving or planning opportunities
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills with fanatical attention to detail.
- Ability to execute sound judgment and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a college degree.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Job Tax Primary Location United States-California-Pasadena Organization 177 TES Schedule Full-time Job Posting Jun 17, 2019, 6:00:40 PM Job Closing Date Ongoing