Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job SummaryUndertakes highly complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge to meet a broad spectrum of business needs.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Resolves complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues.
- Designs, and oversees implementation of, systems for difficult, unique, and/or larger projects to fulfill business requirements.
- Provides advanced technical support for technical teams and for users.
- Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- May act as team leader on projects and establish and communicate common goal and direction for the team. Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Ensures that IT architecture, including new and existing technologies, meets standards.
- Deploys new web applications, or updates to existing web applications.
- Develops and defines policies, procedures, and standards.
III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesDue to the advanced nature of this job, some informal supervisory duties, such as delegation of tasks, may be required.
IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelors Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five years of prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- May require in depth skills in one or more of the following: General application development and/or systems administration experience,
V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click Apply.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.