- 5+ years of experience in the HR/Recruiting field
- 2+ years of experience in recruitment with exposure to university programs
- 2+ years of experience working with students looking for internships
- Bachelors degree
- ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized, talented and committed Technical Campus Recruiter to join the cleared recruitment team.
The objective of the Campus Programs team is to develop and enhance Amazon s university visibility in order to recruit and hire top emerging talent for internships and full time positions. The Recruiter works to maintain our presence at institutions and will be in constant contact with internal teams to determine recruiting programs based on the company s growing hiring needs. The Campus Recruiter will interact with university representatives and students to bring the right talent to AWS. They will partner with university teams and other appropriate stakeholders, (i.e., staffing, business leaders, school ambassadors, alumni teams and other internal groups) to ensure successful implementation of programs to maximize hiring outcomes.
- Negotiate and close full time offers in the cleared college space
- Collaborate with the University sponsors and cross-functional university managers to develop university recruiting strategies at targeted universities
- Develop, implement and attend on-university events that include: info sessions, executive visits, careers fairs faculty visits, on-university interviews, Amazon Days, events with student organizations
- Screen candidates resumes, conduct phone screens to shortlist for panel interviews; be a member of panel interviews.
- Provide weekly reporting on activities
- Administration of the complete application management process for campus candidates from posting roles through to offer an hire using the candidate management system
- Being the first point of contact for all candidates and maintaining contact with all candidates throughout the whole recruitment process
- Managing high numbers of phone and in-house interviews throughout the US and other countries as needed, incorporating panel members for intern and full time candidates
- Communication with candidates (responding to applicant queries, updating them on their application status, sending invitations to interviews, rejecting unsuitable candidates by email)
- Generating weekly pipeline reports
- Ad hoc recruitment projects (maintaining statistics on interviews, open positions via the internal applicant tracking systems).
- Facilitation of interview panels
- Travel to campuses
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- Computer skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel and Outlook specifically
- Flexibility to travel up to 12 weeks a year
- Experience in driving large scale programs end to end with an ability to identify and drive continuous improvement
- The ability to influence and guide key internal and external stakeholders in order to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrate ability to multitask, prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks with little guidance
- Ability to think ahead and troubleshoot; removes obstacles before they become problem
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Experience recruiting technical talent that hold U.S Government Clearances
- Have successfully built scalable university recruiting programs and processes
- Ability to continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to sourcing and delivering candidates
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Possession of strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Experience recruiting in a highly competitive environment.
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.