Job Id : 627
Jobtitle : Technical Customer Support Technician
Location : Alexandria, VA
Company Name : Mastech Digital
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $80,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Other
Benefits : No benefits are available
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Technical Customer Support Technician for our client in the Federal domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract (with possible extension)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Role: Technical Customer Support Technician
Primary Skills: HelpDesk
Role Description: The Technical Customer Support Technician would need to have at least 1-3 years of experience.
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of client’s desktop and universal laptop computers and client’s customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to client’s internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate root cause analyses; and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10;000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues; as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment; networking; access technologies; and applications supporting client’s users.
- Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software; as needed.
- Participates in special projects; as needed.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field plus 2 years of full-time work experience, at least 1 year of which must be supporting IT. In lieu of the A.S. degree, must have 4 full years of full-time work experience, at least 3 years of which must be supporting IT.
- 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting HELP DESK operations; preferably supporting a large-scale government customer.
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware; networks; account administration; and office automation software via telephone; as appropriate.
- Must possess basic skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7.
You must be able to obtain Public Trust.
Education: Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent/MS preferred
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Hina Sahni
Recruiter Phone: 877 884 8834 (Ext: 2017)
Equal Employment Opportunity
DISH Englewood, CO
Job Description: Seeking a Junior Software Developer who will develop automated test scripts to ...
Simplion Technologies Inc Pleasanton, CA
Job Description: Core expertise lies in managing and leading high-performing global software ...
Simplion Technologies Inc Santa Clara, CA
Job Description: Required Expertise: Strong understanding of computer science ...
Iconvergence Solutions Kirkland, WA
Responsibilities: Define and develop the technical specifications, functional requirements, ...
Iconvergence Solutions Bellevue, WA
Job Description : Required Skills: SDETs (Java/Selenium) CI/CD Financial domain ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.