Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Christine Marie Hill
Ignite your future (Your Opportunity)
In this role as an Authentication Services Architect, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, planning, development & escalation support of our Authentication technologies, cloud authentication and Multifactor Authentication (MFA) solutions and their associated processes. The individual in this role will provide overall implementation and direction into the AuthN, AuthZ, MFA and IAM functions across the organization, including areas such as federation, access management, authentication & authorization, security and provisioning identity data. The Architect will work closely with Cyber Security, service desk, systems engineering, network security, audit, application developers and other administrators in creating functional, scalable and secure AuthN and AuthZ operations as well as the design and development of new business applications. In addition you will:
- Identify, evaluate and participate in decision making around new and emerging IAM/MFA technologies and should be able to support other areas of Information Security as needed.
- Lead MFA engineering strategy and execution, which includes setting direction for engineering efforts, driving technology selection (Including buy vs build decision) and being actively involved as the functional technical leader during implementation.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of troubleshooting and configuring applications, MFA endpoints, and API integrations.
- Expert level experience with multifactor authentication solutions and smartcard technologies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in Windows, MAC & *nix authentication and authorization capabilities.
- Participate in installing, upgrading, configuring and evaluating new MFA products including mobile and biometrics.
- Provide expert level security consultation on internal projects focusing on business needs, securitys role in change management, and how data is transmitted internally and externally.
- Evaluate and monitor project efforts, timelines, and task management.
- Partner with internal business units to ensure projects remain on target, within budget, and are completed according to internal policies and security standards
- Delegate tasks to ensure areas of the project are carried through timely and effectively
- Act as functional leader of engineering team
Unleash your expertise (What youre good at)
Curious: Constantly learns more about our clients, competitors, industry and the broader market to drive insights and decisions
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Disciplined: Highly disciplined in how resources are used; designs and champions ideas to drive efficiency
Talent Magnet: Seeks out and attracts strong internal and external talent
Engage your talents (What youll have)
- 7+ years Information Security experience with at least 3 of those years focused on Authentication, Identity or other multi-factor authentication solutions (Duo, SecureAuth, Ping ,OAAM etc.).
- Extensive experience with securing, hardening, and maintaining systems with Multi factor capabilities like Duo security, Yubikey or RSA SecureID.
- Strong understanding on MFA constructs within Cloud environments.
- Expert level experience with databases, LDAP and directory services, application servers, operating systems and network infrastructure.
- Automation experience with Ansible play books and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or Powershell scripting.
- Ability to solve complex problems while effectively communicating technical concepts.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Working knowledge of various security tools.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform and respond well in crisis situations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively cooperatively with others.
- Supports and helps team members to meet goals.
- Ability to set clear goals and direction and gather the necessary support from team members or vendors to ensure that these goals are met/followed.
- Experience architecting IAM/MFA solutions within Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Services (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with administration or implementation in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Services (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS public cloud and on-prem private cloud technologies.
- Very good understanding and demonstrated use of DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Vault) with CICD capabilities.
At Schwab, Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do. We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. Were a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: Whats it like to work at Schwab?
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email [email protected] or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
Position Located In: TX - Westlake
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, January 1, 2020