Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clients goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of own your tomorrow every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Portfolio Accounting Technology team is looking for a talented technologist to be the lead architect for our private cloud based risk management platform. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of operational transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What youll do:
You will be joining us as a Technical Director (Senior Technical Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance across multiple projects and teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership and communication to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards a target architecture. This position will report to a Managing Director of Portfolio Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs
- Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents
- Manage the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on and application customizations
- Publish and present architecture and solutions to technology leaders and business executives
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, with greater reusability, and longer life
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards
- Identify reusable code required for our code library and ensure high quality creation of the code
- Track and identify new technologies to solve existing and new business problems
What you have:
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed and cloud platforms
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Windows/Linux data center environment
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with cloud services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and public cloud providers
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients. You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services
- Knowledge and experience with server side .NET and Java development
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases (Aerospike, MongoDB, Oracle are preferred)
- Knowledge of Pegasystems workflow design and support
- Knowledge of IBM MQ, RabbitMQ and Kafka
What youll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about [email protected]
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email [email protected] or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
Position Located In: TX - Westlake
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2019