Technical Services Manager
Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing cool things. Thats why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Technical Services Manager, Industrial Fluorines is responsible for managing, marketing, communicating and innovating Honeywells technical service value proposition to customers and internal stakeholders. The technical service value proposition is derived from Honeywells industry leading knowledge and best practices in regards to safety, training, manufacturing, transportation, unloading and technology in the Industrial Fluorines (HF & BF3) business. This role will also manage a team of technical service specialists who travel to customer sites to train, understand customer technical needs, interact with local emergency response teams and ensure that customers have access to HON know-how to safely and effectively use HF & BF3. S/he is responsible for working with the cross-functional organization including finance, sales, supply chain, operations, marketing and technology to meet business objectives.
Position can be located in either Geismar, LA or Houston, TX.
- Strategic leader for a team of technical service specialists establishing team direction, schedules, and key objectives to provide customer support and training on the safe use and handling of HF and BF3
- Key liaison between plant operations, logistics and commercial team and leader of technical updates to customers and compliant resolution
- Work with commercial team to develop annual training and customer touchpoint plan in support of key accounts and commercial goals
- Develop valuable relationships with customers and be the face and authority from Honeywell on all things technical to market and reinforce Honeywells value position as the leading HF/BF3 supplier with best in class technical services
- Lead planning and execution of hallmark industry event, HF Roundtable
- Innovate trainings, customer communications, delivery technology and all customer touchpoints
- Key role in developing and implementing product stewardship program activities to integrate HSE considerations into Industrial Fluorines business area
- Ensure that HF and BF3 safety, medical and emergency response training is provided to groups of customer employees, emergency services personnel and others, and frequently communicate to appropriate account managers the services provided to customers within their region.
- Take an active leadership role in HF industry groups
- Monitor and interpret transportation and other regulatory issues affecting the business and recommend compliance actions
- Support fleet management with guidance on appropriate safety standards
- Major contributor to semi-annual newsletter
- Ability to travel ****93% in North America
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in technical field
- 5 + years experience within a manufacturing environment
- Customer interface experience
- Team management experience
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Experience leading teams in technical support for industrial and hazardous chemical products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional organization and balance priorities
- Able to develop networks and build relationships
- Strong business-to-business understanding
- Strong written and presentation communication skills
- Customer contact experience desired
- Proven track record executing technical and commercial programs
- Willingness and ability to play a proactive role in regulatory issues
- JOB ID: HRD****93
- Category: Marketing
- Location: ****93 Hwy ****93, Geismar, LA ****93 USA