Ziosk is revolutionizing the experience and economics of the $472 billion restaurant industry.
Ziosk places interactive touchscreen devices on each and every table in the restaurant that enables guests to order food & drinks, play games, and pay on demand. Today there are over 180,000 Ziosk tablets deployed nationwide at 3,000+ restaurants including Chilis, Olive Garden, Red Robin, Outback, TGI Fridays, Friendlys, Yard House, and more handling over $12 Billion in transactions in the next year.
Ziosk is the pioneer and industry leader in tabletop technology and has been covered in the national media including the WSJ, NYT, Washington Post, CNBC, and Nations Restaurant News. Our rapid growth has created a number of new opportunities for people to join our team, including a Technical Support Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialist provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support for end to end production and lab systems for Ziosk enterprise applications and proprietary device support. This position involves performing diagnostic investigation into complex customer-impacting issues to resolve and identify root causes. This individual will adhere to established trouble shooting procedures on routine work, and will require instructions only on new features and issues. They will provide technical leadership, guidance and advice to operations and engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and providing resolution for field issues. This position serves as primary interface between Ziosk and its clients for technical escalation and problem management of the production issues and to provide technical solutions for Ziosk field issues.
- Act as the technical support and response for incoming queries and issues related to Ziosk systems, software, and hardware using the various Ziosk support tools.
- Resolve technical issues that cannot be resolved through normal operations and maintenance procedures and provide leadership on outage calls in order to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer.
- Be an escalation point for all support related technical issues.
- Lead our Problem Management effort to eliminate recurring issues.
- This role requires that the specialist participate in an on call rotation on an as needed basis to ensure that expert level support is available.
- Provides technical guidance to junior support specialists during resolution of customer issues to develop the technical troubleshooting and leadership skills throughout the support organization.
- Prioritize and manage service requests received via e-mail, phone, management tools and other methods of communication.
- Write support related documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Assume ownership of support cases and ensure closure.
- Proactively contact customer sites as needed to resolve issues discovered through various monitoring tools.
- Utilize various error reporting facilities and logging to analyze, determine, and resolve issues.
- Work directly with Ziosk customers to perform root cause analysis.
- Install, modify, and repair Ziosk software and hardware as needed.
- Proactively interact with cross functional departments as needed to bring closure to open issues.
- Adhere to documented metrics and key performance indicators.
- This position will provide expert on-site and remote support during major software upgrades as well.
- 5+ Years experience working as a server support engineer
- Must be able to professionally interact with customers at all levels
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and other server side technologies
- Strong general knowledge in networking technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be a strong problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to document work effort on an ongoing basis
- Must be willing to learn how to setup Ziosk systems with many different types of POS (Point of Sale) systems
- Existing POS knowledge is not a requirement but is a plus
- Working knowledge of help desk software concepts.
- Knowledge of Docker or other technologies is a plus
- Powershell knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux and Android is a plus
Ziosk is an Equal Opportunity employer offering competitive benefits and compensation. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to commute daily to North Dallas. No agencies or third party recruiters, please.