Technologist Medical I - Denver, CO req25838
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 12am-8:30am
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. Its about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. Youll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and were creating the lab of the future an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
1. Follow the laboratory s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory s established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory s established performance specifications.
10. Follow department s procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
SCL Health Littleton, CO
SCL Health Wheat Ridge, CO
Boulder Community Health Boulder, CO
North Suburban Medical Center Thornton, CO
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center Denver, CO
National Jewish Health Denver, CO
Denver Health Denver, CO
Siemens Denver, CO
CORHIO Denver, CO
SCL Health Lafayette, CO
SCL Health Lafayette, CO
25 April 2018
After the recent restrictions imposed on H1B Visa which allows students to work in USA, the USCIS has introduced a new policy which would affect the F1 OPT or the student visa. The new policy limits the OPT or Optional Practical Training extension for STEM. Earlier students who opted for STEM courseread more..
08 September 2015
Summer is intended to hang out with friends and carry out some leisure activities. Summer breaks are given to students to have fun and take a break from their academics. But the twist in these breaks is to utilize it not for the leisure activities but instead make theread more..
28 April 2016
SAP IS-U stands SAP industry specific solution for utilities industry. It is also referred to as SAP CCS (Computer Care and Services). It is sales information system that supports waste disposal and utility companies. SAP Utility training is also referred to as SAP CR&B (Customer Relations and Bread more..
03 May 2016
Oracle Fusion is a combination of two parts: OFA (Oracle Fusion Applications) and OFM (Oracle Fusion Middleware). OFA and OFM are used to develop different types of business applications. OFM offers technology to deploy, develop, and manage SOA; it also helps in developing JAVA applications. Oracread more..